Monday, June 2, 2008

(59th Entry) The hiatus is over…

Things have been crazy, but then when isn’t it? If you’re doing things, taking chances, trying to do new things… then life is always going to be crazy.

We open our new candle factory today! OK… the maestro is here along with his wife and two employees. I have four new house guests. If you recall from earlier blog entries this is my second maestro to move to my life. The first was… the grabado maestro, glass carving. Victorio is the candle maestro and is a great person. I have a much better feeling about this experience as opposed to the last.

My family makes the Santa Rosa Mexican Church candle. It’s made by hand… by pouring paraffin over and over the wick, building up layers. The candles are wonderful. They’re kind of like my family and me. You either love them or hate them… but you definitely have an opinion on them.

Also you probably recall from earlier entries my struggle with the factory… the problems, etc. Well… for better or worse I finished it and we’re starting to actually make candles tomorrow.

I’ve missed my blog writing. Things got pretty overwhelming with two factories coming on line within six months of each other… not to mention the U.S. economy… sales are slow… tough! Fortunately we have a loyal following which helps.

If you read the Mission Statement you can see it’s ambitious. It involves every aspect of my life. I wish all of this was happening at an easier time, but it is what it is! Things are beginning to come together… the factories, products, website, employees, etc. We’re hoping to hire 12 more employees in the next month. Some are for the candle factory and others will be for the grabado. Of course my game plan is to follow my Mission Statement… We’re working with some government organizations that are very interested in what we’re trying to accomplish... as with all governmental organizations it takes time and lots of patience.

So… as I said the hiatus is over. My goal is to write several entries a week…

No comments: