Saturday, November 24, 2007

My Very First Blog Entry

To Dream To Touch: So much of my life has been spent having dreams, desires, ambitions and yet that's what they remained.

Today... I want to make a difference, to give back, to actually accomplish my dreams, my goals. I have so many that it's difficult at times to prioritize them. However, they seem to all center around the issue of disability or using the issue of disability as metaphor.

The Mission Statement on the right hand side of this post outlines many of the ideas that I have and that I want to accomplish.

A Blog is a totally new adventure for me. I don't exactly know what to expect. I'm asking myself how personal do I want to get, how much do I want to expose of my true feelings. I expect that exactly how far I'm willing to go will depend upon the comments that I receive. If the comments become more personal then I'll have no choice but to go deeper myself.

I urge each of you to write comments, ask questions. As it says in the Mission Statement... " I have a Dream..."

2 comments:

Phil McMillan said...

Hi Charlie, I just read your blog & I am not surprised at your mission. First off I just want to say "Thank You" for sharing all of your experiance, strength, & hope with me & participating in helping to save my life. I am forever grateful. I've never known anyone like you Charlie, you may have been born with a disability, however it took me a very short time of being around you for me to realize you were anything but disabled in my eyes. You are probably the most driven human being I have ever had the pleasure & honor to know. I learned so much from you about living, not viewing myself as the victim, being grateful for what I have, appreciation for the things in life that I (used to)& so many of us just take for granted on a daily basis, that I really don't know how to express it in words. You truly are a remarkable individual, & I'm sure you have already "touched" the lives of so many people in a more powerful & positive way than you will likely ever know. I miss the heck out of you Charlie. It is great to see your picture, wish you were hear. Go for it Charlie, let me know anything I can do to support your cause. Love & Blessings, Phil McMillan

Kim Scarlett said...

Hi Charlie,
It is so wonderful to hear from. I haven't heard from you in so long. I am extremely happy that you found a new four-legged friend. Our pets bring to us that unconditional love that we all need. Krispy is a great looking dog. You are looking good too, Charlie I hope you are still happy in Mexico. I am very excited that you are continuing your goals. I remember you talking about the book you wanted to write about disabilities and corporate America. I will definitely want to read it!
Kim Scarlett