Saturday, November 24, 2007

(2nd Entry) Where "To Dream To Touch" Originated

Written in May 1984 by Charles Hall


TO DREAM TO TOUCH

I miss the things which I never had,
but only dreamed.
I came so close, and yet,
I did not touch.
I wanted,
but did not partake.
I should have tried, and missed,
but gained.
I held back, reserved,
and never knew.
So easy now to say,
so hard at times to do.
I want, I think, I miss;
I am, but what?

To do, to take, to have, to hold, to say;
beyond the reach, beyond the soul.
To dream, to want, to know, to have some day;
It will be done.
I gain, I work, I try;
My will succeed.
With help, with time, with luck;
It will be done.
(The end so close;
but when but why?
What will I be,
What will I become?)

Lonely, known, loved;
But feels forlorn.
Forlorn in mind;
But not out loud.
To those that know, to one that forgets;
Pity exist.
Things change, people change;
Life goes on.
Memories fade, feelings subside;
One goes on.

And then, but why,
For one can’t say;
Again the chance, again,
The thought of pain.
I hesitate, I think,
But will I act?
Closer I get,
But succeed I don’t.
And yet, a chance I took,
For life, for love, for hope.
And yet, I did not touch.

Happy, yes!
For at least I tried.
I can succeed;
Please with time.
Again the pity,
Again forlorn.
Life continues,
But never ends

Await to hope
Await to chance
Await to touch
My time will come!

3 comments:

John W said...

I got up early this morning and checked my email. Good thing I did, because I get the honor of posting your first ever comment. It's good to see you getting your message out there.

It's considered fair to build traffic by emailing everyone in your address book and including a link to your blog. Go for it, Charlie!

Linda said...

Hi Charlie,
I read your new blog last night and am so excited that you've posted it.
To learn, to understand and to receive new knowledge is the way for us all to help you with your plans for a better future. We are with you!! Thank you for doing this.

Linda Leigh Paul
Cottage Catalog

Pat Bynum said...

Hi Charlie:
Thank you for letting me know about your blog. I was impressed, inspired and grateful for your attitude and dedication. I feel humbled by your efforts and cannot view you as anything less than a highly successful, inspirational and capable person who has touched my heart with friendship. It is my pleasure to call you a friend and I have enjoyed the talks we have had over the years. Please keep me posted on the new book and let me know how I can support your efforts. Give your mom my regards... you come for good stock.

Most appreciative,
Pat Bynum
JPG Designers Warehouse