Monday, December 17, 2007

(13th Entry) To My Parents – Congratulations and Happy 50th

Today my parents celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. CONGRATULATIONS!

So I want to tell them THANKS…

For all your love, encouragement and support…

For everything you’ve done for me and given me...

For giving me all types of opportunities to try things and experience things all of my life…

For always being there…

For making me the person that I am today…

As Rick (my brother) said yesterday, “You’re in a small club…” So enjoy it!

The whole family is celebrating together this week in Patzcuaro (that’s small city in Mexico) where my parents live. Yesterday we were going to have a party with around 125 people, but… My Dad had to have his defibrillator changed last week unexpectedly so they had to fly to Galveston. Everything went well. Both of my parent’s are doing great. We had a small intimate family dinner yesterday instead and are all going to the beach for five days of R & R tomorrow… then we all return together for Christmas!

So much that I’ve written about thus far in the blog and so much more that will come out comes directly from my family, my life and my experiences. (As I’ve said in earlier blogs their support has been incredible.)

As I write my blog and live my life today, I see so much of both my parent’s within me. I’m definitely a blend of them both.

Sometimes I think about my self and my parents (or other people in my life, or friends parents) and play an age game… I’m 47… that means… when my Dad was 47, I was 15… when my Mom was 47, I was 22! When we moved to our new house… When I started 1st grade... When I went to college... I don't know about you, but this gives me a whole different perspective on life!

Time passes way too quickly…

I’m lucky to have you both today… So let’s all enjoy!!!

No comments: