Tuesday, January 15, 2008

(25th Entry) Lots of Questions, but…

What about answers? A friend was reading my blog and remarked… You ask lots of questions. I can’t wait for you to start answering them.

I used to think I had most of the answers, but one of the fascinating things about writing this blog is that not only do you, the reader, get to know who I am, but I also find out how many questions I still have in life. There’s a wonderful quote that my old friend Mike used to say quit often… (I don’t know who originated it, but it’s a great line.) “I would rather live in the greater world of confusion, than the smaller world of certainty.” As I write more and more in this blog, I realize that answers sometimes come across as glib. They must and will come out over time, but for now the questions keep coming with a little story telling mixed in hopefully.

I’ve always liked the quote above. In essence it asks me… Do I want to try, try new things, do new things or do I want to just live in my “comfort zone”, do the things I feel comfortable doing. Am I going to ask questions, confront new issues? “I sit back reserved and never knew”… out of To Dream, To Touch… (Entry 2)

Do we do what others tell us we’re capable of doing or do we go for our dreams?

More to follow….

1 comment:

Billie Mercer said...

Getting out of my comfort zone.....Hey at this point I'd just like to get out of the house! Hahahah

Seriously, the question about how we live our lives...in certainty or uncertainty. Comfort or challenge. This is a good question and it can apply to our art/work as well. You always give me something to think about. Keep writing.