Sunday, December 14, 2008

(83rd Entry) My first year…

Little could I imagine what this past year would bring… I began this blog on November 24, 2007 at the urging of a friend who suggested that it might be the quickest way to kick-start my goals. Little did I know… Thanks John!

Today I spent some time reading from start to finish my blog… Since the beginning of this blog, I have been amazed… at the reception, the comments, the support.

People that I never thought would read the blog are some of the most loyal and others that I thought might follow it have not. Life is full of surprises.

I’ve also been amazed at myself, at my willingness to express feelings that I thought might be beyond approach or to be expressed to those close and far away.

We’re nearing the end of 2008… a new year is arriving. While again I can’t imagine what this New Year might have in store for me, I know that it will be as dramatic as or more so than this past year.

I know that there are major changes in my life awaiting me. Just in this past year… my parent’s celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary, my Dad celebrated his 80th birthday and… on November 22nd my Dad passed away. This alone is a major change for my whole family. I’m glad he got to see at least the first year of this blog!

My family also made a lot of progress in business. Two new factories are running successfully today. While all of the dreams have not materialized they are at least being worked on, maturing at their own pace!

I know this next year will probably be more difficult and more challenging than this past… at least in terms of worldly things… business, etc.

Happy Birthday Blog!!! A few days late

1 comment:

John W said...

Congratulations, Charlie, on completing your first year. Some of us find we grow through our writing. You certainly have!