Saturday, December 6, 2008

(81st Entry) Coincidences…

I just opened the Microsoft Word File that contains my entries for the blog. I hadn’t realized that my last Entry entitled, “My Father, My Friend… was my 80th entry… My Dad died at the age of 80.

This morning I kept thinking that I needed to write an entry for my blog to commemorate my first anniversary. Things have obviously been hectic in my life so I’m running a little behind. I knew that I had started the blog towards the end of November 2007. This morning I wondered if my first entry had been posted on November 22nd. I ran to the computer thinking that this was the feeling, the coincidence that I felt. My first entry however was posted on November 24, 2007. THEN… I open up the word file and there was the COINCIDENCE…

Carl Jung, the Swiss Psychiatrist, used the word… SYNCHRONICITY to describe events like these.

So often, if I listen, I have these little insights into life… these little moments of feeling something… an intuition. The question is… Do I go with them, do I listen, do I give them a second thought?

In the past I’ve written about, “just going on with life.”

When am I at my best? Whether it’s dealing with a disability or working with others or in corporate life? It’s when I listen to that inner feeling, inner thought… go with my “gut!”

How do you live with a disability? Every one has opinions. Every one thinks they have the answer, know what’s best for you, knows what you need to be successful.

To truly be successful with a disability or life in general is about taking responsibility for yourself… making decision for yourself based on these inner thought, inner feelings.

The only alternative is, “just going on with life.”

No comments: